DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Bending Plywood For Furniture - Any Decent UK Based Companies?

Postby MCRICARDO » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:51 am

Does anyone know of a company based in the UK which can bend and mould plywood for furniture? There is a company in Belgium which does it called Desmet - ... 1&taal=ENG

but having a UK based manufacturer will be easier to deal with. Thank you.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:34 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby collectors » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Ply is not normaly bent. The shaped chairs are often made in a mold/jig were the thin ply layers are seperatly glued around a form/jig & then clamped until they dry. Glulam beams are made this way.
Wood can be bent using steam, but i dont think it will work with ply.
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:26 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics