Best bathroom flooring suggestions please....
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Freefallingseven
Labourer
Labourer

Best bathroom flooring suggestions please....

by Freefallingseven » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 pm

Hello lovely people.

Please can someone advise me on the best flooring to put in my bathroom. I love ceramic tiles but cannot have them as it would cost too much to lift the toilet, sink and biday. (Won't go into details but I've got mad plumbing. I have had quotes).

The floor is cement and I need something that can be cut around the suite but am looking for something nicer than cheap vinyl. The floor area is small about 5 sq ft. It currently has carpet on it which as you can probably imagine has been a disaster.

Am pulling my hair out trying to find something that is really nice to look at, waterproof, not too slippery and won't cost a fortune to be fitted.

Any suggestions would be much hugely appreciated.

Thanking you,

FF7

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi,
Have you thought about laminate you can get some really nice looking stuff, that is aqua lock so suitable for bathrooms. It's a little bit more expensive than the normal stuff but easy to fit.
Or just cut the tiles around your bath suite!
KB

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:08 pm

if you have the ability to do some tiling then nip down to toppstiles and get the free dvd on tiling shows how to cut around toilets etc
bob

mrgtg1
Labourer
Labourer

by mrgtg1 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:41 am

If you have a solid floor - ie concrete like yours its relatively easy to cut around your bathroom suite and stick down ceramic tiles - it just takes patience and the understanding that you might make a few mistakes. If you go for a diamond pattern it will take lots longer so go for a straight up and down pattern. If you want a vinyl floor then something like amtico or karndean are very classy however the fitter will probably need to skim your floor first. Its a great finish when done. Matthew

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:25 pm

Ceramic tiles on a concrete floor are very cold in the winter. I have laid laminate floors in bathrooms that looks just like tiles. Just make sure it specifically says it is suitable for a wet area. Ordinary laminate won't last a week.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:16 pm