Best kitchen floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
newdiyer
Labourer
Labourer

Best kitchen floor

by newdiyer » Sun May 20, 2007 8:11 pm

I want to lay a new floor over ceramic tiles in my kitchen. I've heard conflicting advice re solid wood vs laminate. Firstly if I go for laminate which brand should I choose, tileloc/pergo, not sure of other options. Or if I go for hardwood can I lay this straight over tiles?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun May 20, 2007 9:03 pm

Laminate question is down to personal preference as they are all pretty similar now. Both can be laid over the tiled floor with an underlay and our own take on it is that we will never use laminate in a kitchen or bathroom regardless of the spin from the company. Laminate flooring, if its allowed to get wet through an accidental spillage or a leak, can lift and bubble up in a huge way and its impossible to get back. Doesnt happen often, but when it does, its useless. We don't take the chance.

newdiyer
Labourer
Labourer

by newdiyer » Sun May 20, 2007 9:36 pm

Dr

Which brands would you recommend for solid wood flooring?

RichardJW
Labourer
Labourer

by RichardJW » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:45 pm

First of all, if you get a Pergo floor wet by accidental spillage all is certainly not lost. What you will find is that you may get what is known as cupping intially. If the spillage was not too bad this will go down in a week or so and your floor will be back to normal. I have a pergo floor and can't recommend them highly enough!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:54 pm