Best Programmable Room Stat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sleven
Labourer
Labourer

Best Programmable Room Stat

Post by sleven » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:00 am

I have a Baxi Combi Instant 80HE which is controlled via TRV's (6 radiators) on all radiators and a 24hr mech timeclock located in the boiler itself.

My understanding is i could save money by installing a programmable room stat? I have been looking online at various models that have optimisers and other smart features (wifi).

I am quite prepared to spend £100 or more to get the best technology for my system?

Suggestions on what controller to choose would be appreciated, also any other ideas/options for my heating system that will help with energy use?

Thanks,
Susan

Atticus Finch
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Best Programmable Room Stat

Post by Atticus Finch » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:36 pm

The Honeywell CM901/907 (wired) or CM921/927 (wireless) are very good. The 1 versions have a 24 hour timer, the 7 versions have a seven day timer. I've had a CM927 for over five years and it is very reliable. The optimization feature has always brought the house up to temperature when we wake up, no matter how cold, or warm, it has been overnight.

You can usually get brand new ones on Ebay for reasonable prices.

The TRV on the rad in the room where you fit the stat must be set to max or it could conflict with the new thermostat.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1