Best Value Combi Microwave Ovens?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mraich
Ganger
Ganger

Best Value Combi Microwave Ovens?

by mraich » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Which Combi Microwave is best and value for money?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Best Value Combi Microwave Ovens?

by ericmark » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:54 pm

It will of course depend on how it is used, there is no single answer, however our original microwave bought mid 90's is still running, The main problem was its size, it simply takes up much room on the counter, it does however take the microwave pressure cooker.

The latter microwaves proved to all have the same fault, inside was made of painted mild steel, that old one had a stainless steel inertia, when I tried to google for stainless steel it lists where the outer is stainless steel not the all important inside.

I went around all the local shops, and I found Tesco had a couple on offer, only 2 months old so can't say how long it will last, but with stainless inside it stands a good chance.

The microwave pressure cookers do come in two sizes, so unless you already have one, internal clearance not too much of a problem. I find the grill in a microwave seems to cause food to get stuck onto heater, so personally I don't use it even if it is fitted.

mraich
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Best Value Combi Microwave Ovens?

by mraich » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 pm

[quote="ericmark"]It will of course depend on how it is used, there is no single answer, however our original microwave bought mid 90's is still running, The main problem was its size, it simply takes up much room on the counter, it does however take the microwave pressure cooker.

The latter microwaves proved to all have the same fault, inside was made of painted mild steel, that old one had a stainless steel inertia, when I tried to google for stainless steel it lists where the outer is stainless steel not the all important inside.

I went around all the local shops, and I found Tesco had a couple on offer, only 2 months old so can't say how long it will last, but with stainless inside it stands a good chance.

The microwave pressure cookers do come in two sizes, so unless you already have one, internal clearance not too much of a problem. I find the grill in a microwave seems to cause food to get stuck onto heater, so personally I don't use it even if it is fitted.[/quote] Thank you, ERICMARK at this belated date for your reply and info provided.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:36 am