Bi-Fold Door Repair - Need to Screw Threaded bar Back into Lock Mechanism, Any Ideas?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hotwateruk
Labourer
Labourer

Bi-Fold Door Repair - Need to Screw Threaded bar Back into Lock Mechanism, Any Ideas?

by Hotwateruk » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi,

I had a set of bi fold doors fitted in an extension about 3 years ago by a friend who has since emigrated.

They are a set of 4, with one opening on its own to the right and the other 3 folding to the left.

Internally there is a lock and a lever that swings up to raise a bar that allows you to open them.

The problem I have is on the middle lever mechanism, it doesn't lift the bar to allow the door to open. I have taken the lever mechanism off and there is no way to get to the threaded bar to screw it back into the lock mechanism.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions on what to do ?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Solarpanelfunding
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bi-Fold Door Repair - Need to Screw Threaded bar Back into Lock Mechanism, Any Ideas?

by Solarpanelfunding » Tue May 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Have you got any pictures ? My family run a Double Glazing repair company may be able to help.

Kind regards

Damien

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:12 pm