black damp
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
saleemchauhan
Labourer
Labourer

black damp

by saleemchauhan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:26 pm

I wonder if someone can help. my mum's got a damp problem which she's asked me to fix. Now, I can do general DIY around the house but have no experience of damp, i've taken lots of pictures which i can send out.

it all started with a leak in the roof but i think all the water got in between the walls and is now seeping through. however i am no expert, the damn looks like its rising but that could be because its accumulated at the bottom of the cavity.

Also the cement in the brick work is flaking - i can see this from the outside of the building - don't know if that's related, again i can send out photos to anyone. the guy who did this was some cowboy - as i don't live with my mum i don't know anything about the construction of the kitchen and i am included all the detail i have been told in this question. if you need any clarifications i can ask my mum or take more photos next time i visit.

lastly I don't know what a damp course looks like so I don't know if there is one there.

thank you very much for your help.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Take a look at the many damp projects in the DIY Projects section. There is a huge amount of info in there about all forms of damp in builodings. If you cannot find your answers look at the top of the projects and click into the banner for PR Services. They will give you free advice over the telephone and there is no obligation whatever. DIY Doctor has worked with these guys for a number of years and we are very impressed with them.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:08 pm