Black dump all over bathroom ceiling, around the bed in bedr
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mirka
Labourer
Labourer

Black dump all over bathroom ceiling, around the bed in bedr

by Mirka » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:16 pm

Last year we had a very big smelly problem on the bathroom ceiling and in the bedroom around the beds, in the corners.. dont talking about black dump on the windows. I know the temperature was not really right, but we heated in the morning maybe 30 mins and in the evening about 4-5 hours. In the house was cold all day even when you turn heating on house got really cold very quick. On the windows came really watter like from rain inside. We did open windows but maybe it was too cold in the house and dump came up very badly. It was very black and everything smells from it. We cleaned bedrooms and tried clean bathroom ceiling but it is still black in bathroom. Doesnt help at all, it is just not smell now.
What should we do for not having so bad dump this winter again, please?Can dehumidifier help in quite cold bedroom? Or any ideas?We have gas central heating. Thanks a lot for any help. Need really help because I suffer from last winter with bad skin problems which doctor said coud be from that... THANKS A LOT

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

damp

by welsh brickie » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:34 pm

your problem is ventilation a house needs to breathe so I suggest you get either airbricks fitted or trickle vents fitted to the windows.
get a industrial de humidifyer in to take most of the moisture out and wearing a mask use neat industrial bleach to clean all the mould off.

eljaybee
Ganger
Ganger

by eljaybee » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:08 pm

ventilate and insulate.

You need to ensure suitable ventilation. You not only need the airbricks and trickle vents but I would strongly suggest that you get a mechanical extractor in the bathroom. Ensure that you use the fan and that it has a over-rule period.

I would then also suggest that you look at the insulation you have above the ceiling. As if you don't have much (especially over the bathroom area) then this will only make the issue worse.

Mirka
Labourer
Labourer

by Mirka » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:11 am

Hello, thank you very much both of you for your advice. I will try to do like you said and we will see. thanks again. Mirka

Mirka
Labourer
Labourer

by Mirka » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:29 pm

one other advice please. I`d like to paint all ceilling and rooms. What would you advice. Anti mould paint, or anti damp paint, or finally anticondensation paint. I am female, then I dont know and need bit help. I am gonna clean all that black spots with detox mildew removal and paint afterwards. I found out there is inside temperature lower 2 degrees Celsius than outside temperature :-(. thanks for your help.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:23 pm