block paving on a slope
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andymw54
Labourer
Labourer

block paving on a slope

by andymw54 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:50 pm

My drive is on quite a slope, the area to the side of the main concrete driveway is compacted gravel this is the area I wish to block pave. but this area starts at the same angle as the drive (30deg) and then turns to the level with quite a radius . my question is what is the maximum radius with block paving so as not to give large gaps between the bricks. :?: is there a standard curve not to exceed

j.wesley
Labourer
Labourer

by j.wesley » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 pm

hi,
I'll answer question as I interpret it!.
You don't generally, in my experience, curve the pattern, you lay your first run straight, normally in the centre of the longest stretch. Then just go back and forth along that first run building the pattern. always parrallel to that first straight run.
Then to finish, use a grinder to cut your "soldier" edging in - subsequently there will be a radius in the "soldier" border, if this is eccessive you can cut some angled blocks to fill the gaps, this finishing touch can ruin an otherwise good job, if done badly.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:02 am