Blocked Soak-Away - Can't Find the End of the Drain?
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alexhill7
Labourer
Labourer

Blocked Soak-Away - Can't Find the End of the Drain?

by alexhill7 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi,

Any help would be appreciated.
We have purchased our house 5 years ago, we have no storm water drains only soak-aways.

The one drain in our drive is totally blocked full on silt, and we have a major issue, when we have a storm, it floods our drive and porch and garage.

The drain in our drive is totally blocked full on silt, and the drain is approx 12m long as i have roded it with a pressure washer jet pipe.
Apparently according to the neighbour, they think our drains run under the garage concrete floor into the back garden, which would make sense as this would be approx 12m.

I have tried to have a dig around in the back garden but cannot find it, we have a oil tank concrete base for our central heating, and i question is it underneath there.

I have spoken to quite a few so called experts on drains locally, none really able to help, all i keep getting told is you need to find the end of it, to unblock it!!

But question is how?
Is there any type of tracking device?
I know cctv can be used, will this track and locate the end position?

any help would be appreciated
We are desperate now!

Best regards
Alex

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Blocked Soak-Away - Can't Find the End of the Drain?

by welsh brickie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 pm

if the drain is blocked, you will never clean it, roots and soil will be well established, and normally the end is set into a large hole, filled with gravel so the water soaks deep into the ground.
Your better having a new system installed ,ACO is one company that supplies drainage systems for this kind of problem, you can also connect it to the main sewer system, BUT you will need to have it inspected by the building control officer before commencement, Also contact the environment office at your local council, they might offer you some further advice, and come and inspect it for you

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 am