DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Blocking up an entrance

Postby Joanne » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:43 pm

I have an end of terrace ground floor flat which is leasehold, the entrance to my flat is off the communal hallway which leads straight into the living room. I would like to turn this room into the main bedroom, but do not want the flat entrance to lead straight into my bedroom.
My Dad suggested using the side gate and back door as my main entrance and blocking up the current entrance.
Can anyone advise whether I would need planning permission for this?
Would it comply with building regs? (I intend to install a fire exit via the window)
Do I need to advise the Freeholder of my intentions?

If anyone can advise on the above I would be most grateful!

Many thanks - Jo :D
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:35 pm

Postby stephen4664 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:55 pm

why block the entrance..could you not just lock the door and use as a fire exit if neccessary
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics