DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Blocking up Back Door and Need Late Completion Certificate

Postby Mikkir » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:25 pm

We have blocked up our external kitchen door and are now selling the house and need a late completion certificate but the council are being a nightmare. We have submitted a diagram showing we done 100mm concrete block with a 50mm clear cavity and 50mm insulation then 100mm concrete block. He now needs to know the type of insulation used and the thickness (he said the 50mm cavity and 50mm insulation isn't correct) it is standard construction wall. Can anybody tell me what should have been done and what insulation should be used?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Postby welsh brickie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:58 pm

By your description, you have a wall thickness of 300mm plus plaster thickness, If this is a modern house then that would be the case, but I suspect it is not. Your cavity should be between 50 and 75mm wide, you can either full fill cavity with rockwool cavity batts or 25 to 50mm thick celotex cavity batts
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics