DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Board above window

Postby frankino » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:12 am

Can someone tell me what the wooden board above a window is called?.

It is normally used to fix curtain poles, curtain tracks to.

Are there standard sized?
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 1:29 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby phild » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:13 am

Its called a curtain rail usually used with 50mm by 20mm softwood with a round on both sides.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:05 am

Postby thedoctor » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 am

Its actually called a pelmet board and can be any size you like. If you visit the DIY Projects section and look at the project on curtain poles or adhesives used at home you will see how one can be fixed. There is also a project about drilling into steel lintels where it is suggested a pelmet is glued to the wall above the window using a construction adhesive.
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics