Bogus boiler salesmen
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1

Have you been told your boiler was beyond repair, and you doubt that it is/was true?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 1
Bengasman
Labourer
Labourer

Bogus boiler salesmen

by Bengasman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 pm

As the building industry is slowing down, so does the central heating business.
Some plumbers try to create more work by telling you that the boiler is dead and you need a new one when it is absolutely not true.
This practice is applies by companies across the spectrum from one man bands to what used to be the gasboard.

If you have been told your boiler is beyond help, you should Google this:

"boiler-breakdown-repair-london.co.uk/condemned-boilers-in-bromley.html"

before you part with your money.

jim the plumb
Tradesman
Tradesman

by jim the plumb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:37 am

A couple of years back I went to a property to quote for a new boiler to replace the existing conventional Glowworm that also had solar hot water.

The customer couldn't answer my query about "what problems are you having with the boiler?" as she didn't know but she was a bit concerned about the gas man.

The boiler had been stripped down and condemned by another local heating company after a Gas Check.

I decided to rebuild the boiler and see for myself if it did, indeed work because it was so clean inside - there had never been a leak. An hour later I fired it up and carried out gas tests etc to find there were no apparent problems.

I even got my mate to check it with me to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I hadn't. I saved the lady £2000 worth of unnecessary work and have been servicing it ever since.

Since then I've come across this scenario 3 times. It's a shame but there's not a lot we can do about it.

jimbo

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1