Boiler and radiator installation costs??
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wheredoistart
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler and radiator installation costs??

by wheredoistart » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:57 am

Just bought a new house in SW London and. I've jsut been given a quote of £2,300 to install a new worcester hiflow 440 and 12 radiators. There is an existing combi boiler in place but moving from a wall mounted to floor standing. There is existing pipework for most of the radiators although 7 of them are moving and 3 will be new and require new pipework. Quote also includes putting some of the pipes into the walls as they have been run along the skirts in a couple of rooms. The price does not include the boiler and radiators which I am supplying, just wondering if this seems reasonable or not???

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

Boiler & radiator installation costs ?

by DONFRAMAC » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:16 am

I live in a part of Scotland where craftsmen are scarce, due to a major Nuclear Decommissioning Project in the county. The labour rate for plumbers averages £25 +vat.
I hope the type of system you are going for provides hot water at mains pressure, and it would be prudent to protect against hard water, eg, using an eddy-current coil unit on the rising-main, and the radiator pipe loop.
Last year my cousin paid £3500 to have their existing anthracite system converted to oil, plus installation of an open fire. (includes parts, labour, but no radiator work). The firm were 6 months late in starting the work. Plumbing firms seem to be in great demand all over the UK.
Perhaps we should train some apprentices.

johnb
Ganger
Ganger

by johnb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:12 pm

very reasonable i would charge that in east anglia sounds ok just check there credentials all the best john

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1