boiler banging on ignition
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
arriell
Apprentice
Apprentice

boiler banging on ignition

Post by arriell » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:41 pm

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem as my installer and local gas board havnt a clue!we have just had a new boiler installed in our new flat(no boiler here before all electric)the model is alpha cd28c and when we turn the hot water on at the tap or the central heating clicks on it makes a terrible noise like thunder .We have already had the boiler replaced as a desperate attempt by our engineer but to no avail the problem persists,and last night we had national grid out who also said all was ok.So if the boiler is ok and the gas pressure ok PLEASE has anyone ANY ideas as we are very puzzled stressed and desperate!Once the boiler is running it is fine the problem is only on start up.sorry for the waffle on this blog .

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Is the noise from the boiler ? or from pipes ?

Explosive ignition ? gas valve opening to main flame too quick ?

If the problem is with the boiler - it is under warranty - not your problem get them out again and again............ until it's fixed. Or get your money back and go for a better boiler because Alpha's are S*****.

htg

arriell
Apprentice
Apprentice

thanks

Post by arriell » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:44 pm

thanks for reply will bear in mind .i am beginning to think they are s... as well!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:03 pm