Boiler bleeding?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ionu
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler bleeding?

by ionu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:09 am

I just replaced one of my old radiators with a brand new one.
In order to replace it was necessary to bring the pressure in the system to zero but I haven't drain completely the system because I used coupling fittings.
I bleed the radiators and rise the pressure to 1 bar when cold.

[b]But the problem is the pressure now is rising to 2.5 bar at a temp. of 60 C only. [/b]

The boiler (is combi ) is the highest point of the pressure system and I'm thinking some air may went into the boiler and needs to be bleed.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your time

john d
Last edited by ionu on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:31 pm

I doubt you have air in the boiler. It sounds like you have a combi in which case (apart from the rads) there shouldn't be any air in the system at all as it fills from the bottom up.

Is the filling loop still connected? Do you have a built in filling system? In either case are you sure it is completely off? If not then make it so. Disconect the filling loop if fited or if its a built in one make sure the valve is completely shut and remove the key.

2.5 bar won't damage the system and the PRV will operate at iro 3 bar anyhow, but if you are concerned let some of the water out.

Cheers

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:27 am

Bleed pump also - large round screw in mddle.
Also if boiler has a AAV - auto air vent- make sure its loose.

Hth

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1