Boiler cutting out and tripping after leak
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
C_stot
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler cutting out and tripping after leak

Post by C_stot » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi I’m hoping someone may be able to help me, I made a very silly mistake yesterday and drilled a hole in a water pipe while relaying some floorboards.

I have a gas boiler with an immersion heater, when I hit the pipe I turned off the main water and all three valves I have in the airing cupboard.
I replaced the pipe and turned all the valves back, the water was off maybe about 2 hours but because the electrics tripped I was not able to test the boiler until this afternoon.

I turned on the hot water and heating this afternoon and initially all was good but then after maybe half an hour the boiler tripped out, I reset it and it worked maybe 15mins before tripping out again and it keeps doing this.
All the radiators are getting hot but the hot water is only luke warm.

I am suspecting there is maybe air in the system, so I bled all the radiators and they were fine, I cannot work out anyway of bleeding the hot water tank though.

If anyone has any ideas on what might be causing the tripping out and water not getting hot please let me know.
Thanks in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Boiler cutting out and tripping after leak

Post by stoneyboy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi c_tot
Most likely that water has got into your electrics, you've just got to discover where - look in junction boxes around and below where the leak occurred.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1