Boiler cutting out before radiators get hot
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fray
Labourer
Labourer

by fray » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi there,
Any help would be much appreciated. We have moved into a house with an Ideal Icos boiler, ever since we've required heat, i.e since november we've had problems with the central heating and hot water. The boiler fires up when required but before the radiators reach temp it cuts out and flashes H to E, so our radiators rarely reaches thermostat temp and it never maintains that temp if it does reach it. We also have inconsistent water temp, sometimes hottish but never hot enough, sometimes just lukewarm. We have had a plumber out who has changed the pipes to wider pipes and has changed the thermostat but this has stillnot solved the problem. Any ideas?

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:27 pm

F,

H-E fault code = PCBoard.

next time fault occurs, try following: -

"Internal fault within the PCB test".

Press and hold reset button for 2 seconds.
Does boiler operate correctly?

Yes=ok

No=Turn boiler off and wait for 5 seconds.
Turn boiler on.
Does boiler operate correctly?

Yes=ok
No=REPLACE PCB

Worth a try to confirm!!!

ALDA.

fray
Labourer
Labourer

by fray » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:34 am

Hi Alda,
Thank you for your reply.
I followed your instructions and the boiler was still flashing H to E after switching the boiler back on so this means I need a new PC Board. Is this something a novice can do and do I have to get the board direct from the manufacturers?

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:37 pm

FRAY,

I DON'T ADVISE NOVICES TO WORK ON BOILERS.

GET A GOOD CORGI GUY IN(IF POSS. GO ON RECOMMENDATION).

HAVE HIM/HER(YES THERE ARE A FEW ABOUT) ASSESS THE PROBLEM AND ADVISE YOU ON THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION.(MIGHT BE POOR CONNECTION SO BOARD WOULD BE OK).

BOARDS ARE RELATIVELY EXPENSIVE BUT QUICK TO FIT SO OVERALL COST OF JOB SHOULD NOT BE GREAT.(COST DEPENDS ON LOCATION/AREA TOO).

BOARDS ARE READILY AVAILABLE AT HEATING OUTLETS OR CAN BE ORDERED FROM MANUFACTURERS BUT AT A PREMIUM!

VISIT YOUR MANUFACTURES WEBSITE FOR LOTS OF USEFULL INFO.

:wink:

ALDA.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1