DIY Doctor

Boiler Developed Fault Won't Fire When CH Only set

Postby George999 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Advice
Boiler has developed fault wont fire up when CH only set fire up for few seconds then red light comes on. If i reset run hot tap it fires up if I then switch on central heating it stays lit turn tap off and it still stays lit. will just not fire up by switching central heating on first.
George999
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:45 am

Unlikely any one on hear can help, I don't know boilers well enough, however you would need to give make and model of boiler, system used Y-Plan etc, and fuel used oil or gas to have a chance.

If you had not said red light, I would have guessed at faulty three port valve, and would have suggested moving the bleed level and latching as a temp fix, but that fault should not have lit a red light.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!