Boiler has heating but no hot water for Alph InTec 26C.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

Stuart20580
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler has heating but no hot water for Alph InTec 26C.

by Stuart20580 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:53 pm

I have an Alph InTec 26C. I have never had a problem with it until recently. All of a sudden the hot water does not work. The boiler fires up immmediatelt to full burn when you run the tap but after 2-3 seconds it cuts out. It then tries to fire up again and again if I keep the tap running.
I have checked the heating side and this is fine. It goes through its sequence of low burn and gradually increasing until it hits the desired temperature. I checked the error code and it says 38. Before having parts changed I thought it could be the diverted valve, but this works fine as when I have the heating running and then turn on the hot tap and press it in, hot water comes out. However when I run the hot tap when the heating is on, it cuts out the heating.
So I have now had a new fan, ignition electrode and flame sensing electrode fitted. This is because the fault code said it could be these. However I still have the same problem.
Can anyone help?