Boiler installation
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jill thompson
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler installation

by jill thompson » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:14 pm

I have recently had a new condenser fitted to replace an old combi. The new boiler is slightly taller than the old one and now i cant get the top off (worcesterCDI) without having to disconnect the gas meter as it is in the way.

is this breaking building regulations and should i be asking the installer to move the boiler and put it o few centimetres lower?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:46 pm

Yes you should get the boiler moved so that you have access to the boiler without disconnecting the gas meter.

Annual gas servicing and repairing will prove rather difficult if not impossible - how can they service the boiler and check gas pressures if the gas meter has to be removed to get into the boiler.

Don't think the installer has given it much thought, and he probably hasn't commissioned the boiler properly, as gas prssures should have been checked - is he CORGI registered ?

Get him to move the boiler (at no cost to you) and I would think twice before using him again if this is the standard of his work.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:22 pm

In all boiler installation manuals there are minimum clearance distances stated to allow maintenance work to be carried out. If these distances are ignored then the boiler has not been installed to the manufacturers instructions which can then null your warranty.

This aside why would YOU wish to take the TOP off the boiler? The caseing of the boiler should pull forward ?

jill thompson
Labourer
Labourer

boiler installation

by jill thompson » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 pm

thanks for advice.
Corgi are coming tomorrow to carry out investigation.
The casing has to be lifted off the top for worcester boilers!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1