Boiler Loosing Pressure After Removing Radiator for Replastering
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
aquadog90
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler Loosing Pressure After Removing Radiator for Replastering

Post by aquadog90 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am

Hi all

Recently I have re plastered smaller bedroom in my property. In order to do it properly I took off the radiator in the bedroom.

So my boiler model is worcester 28Si II and prior to the decorating it has been happily working.

So when I have finished decorating I replaced the replaced the radiator, filled the loop and removed the air.

All radiators are getting hot to the same (or similar temp) across all surface area of the radiator.

I fill the loop lets say to 0.5 bar however next morning the pressure is almost 0 again.

There is no leak inside the house the pressure is lost through pipe that goes outside the house. I traced it back and it goes to 3 Bar rated auto valve which is also used to drain the heating loop.

There is another thing that I have noticed. When the loop is filled to 0.5 Bar and the heating is switched on it suddenly jumps to about 0.8 Bar. I am not sure why?

Anyway I think it will need new auto valve as it looks like this one is leaking, however I am wondering if there is something that I am still missing

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1