Boiler making gurgling sounds when left on past an hour!!!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hilary
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler making gurgling sounds when left on past an hour!!!

Post by hilary » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi,

I am not a plumber and left such things to the man!! but now I am renting a house, and a problem has started with my hot water boiler.

Firstly, my rayburn heats my hot water in the winter but in summer months i turn the rayburn off and resort to switching the switch on to heat my water.

Last year this was fine and if i accidently left it on then it just meant i had a larger then normal electric bill. But, this year, I have turned the switch on to heat my water and the boiler and the black box above it is boiling hot and making gurgling sounds and the pipes are actually moving. Once the water was scalding and spitting out off the top black box scolding me. when i turn the switch off it stops straight away. This could happen after 3 hours depending on how warm the water was in the first place.

Now i am no plumber but i am guessing that this thing could blow up and is obviously not safe for my young children and I.

Any advice would be greatly received. from a very blonde learning again woman :oops:

Thanks Hills

johnb
Ganger
Ganger

Post by johnb » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:24 am

hi hilary you must get help professional help its obviously dangerous i think the ballvalve water supply is restricted a simple job normally £50-£80 all the best john

clulee

Scalding water

Post by clulee » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:10 pm

Hilary,
I reckon you need a new thermostat in your electric immersion heater.
Simple to fit and inexpensive.
Cheers, Graham.

johnb
Ganger
Ganger

Post by johnb » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:36 pm

hi hilary CLULEE could be right either way should not be expensive all the best john

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:19 am