DIY Doctor

Boiler to Water Heater Valves - What Valve and Thermostats Should I use?

Postby bulgariasteve » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:08 am

Hi folks, I have just fitted a water heater that is connected to the central heating system in our house in Bulgaria. The heater is a Bulgarian Eldom 120 litre model number 72266S. It has 2 blanked off 1/2 inch female sockets for thermostats -one located by the central heating inlet the other by the outlet. I want to fit an on/off valve to the central heating inlet pipe so that the central heated water only heats the water heater when the temperature of the water inside the water heater is lower than the central heated water. My question then is what valve and thermostats should I use? Cheers - Steve
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:12 pm


Simply Build It

Postby SimplyHandyman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:10 pm

You need two motovalves, one for heating and one for hot water. For hot water use thermostat to control water temperature and for heating use room stat
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics