Bosch Drill Just not Working - Any Ideas?
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Waynepunkdude
Labourer
Labourer

Bosch Drill Just not Working - Any Ideas?

by Waynepunkdude » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi guys my drill has given up working, getting nothing checked the fuse and opened it up there's nothing obvious, any ideas?

KitchenGuy
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Bosch Drill Just not Working - Any Ideas?

by KitchenGuy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi, I use a lot of power tools and I find the most common reason for sudden stops is a cable problem, If the cable is ok in the plug it is very common for the cable to break inside the flex at the point where it enters the machine. It flexes back and forth and the copper often work hardens and breaks, This is why they they try to mitigate this problem by reinforcing the flex with a sleeve in this area. . Just open up the machine, check for voltage between live and neutral (not just the live in case it's the neutral that's broke) if there is a problem cut off a few inches and re-attach to the switch. I get this problem about three times a year so it's worth a look.

k.green
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bosch Drill Just not Working - Any Ideas?

by k.green » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:46 pm

It could be a number of things. Poor maintenance of power tools is common so maybe simply checking the battery or ensuring it is thoroughly cleaned might help. I found this useful article on maintaining power tools helped me https://www.angliatoolcentre.co.uk/blog ... tools.html

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 pm