DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Boundary wall

Postby Craig Lawrance » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Please help. I plan to drop my garden by 1m to enable my back garden to become a paved area. The wall I plan to build will separate my garden from next door which at the moment is at the same height as mine. Will it need to be double skinned, or will a single skinned wall suffice. I have been advised by a builder that a single skin will do but back fill it with rubble or concrete.

This sounds like a good idea but I want to ensure that the wall will not move and the neighbours garden will not fall onto mine. The wall will be 6m long by 1.2 m high. Also I am bothered about water build upbehind the wall.

Thank you

Craig Lawrance
Craig Lawrance
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:57 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:07 pm

if your wall is 1.2m high you will need it to be double skinned and install drainage pipes at the base,square downspout plastic is probably the best
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Postby TheDoctor4 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Let DIY Doctor help you to find quotes from vetted and trusted tradesman local to your area. Visit our Find a Tradesman page:
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 16777215
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Somerset in the UK in Shepton mallet

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics