Brand new Replacement Triton T80 Shower not Working?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Novice123
Labourer
Labourer

Brand new Replacement Triton T80 Shower not Working?

by Novice123 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 am

I’ve just replaced an old existing Triton shower that stopped working with a new Triton T80. It was easy to fit by qualified plumber but he couldn’t get it to work. Water supply was OK, and all the electric feeds to the shower itself and the isolator switch are getting power, but the shower just won’t work. I have spoken to another electrician friend and he said if the fitter has checked that the cables are live then it must be the shower unit itself that’s faulty. Has anyone else had similar experience because I’m just having to buy a new unit and get filter to come again to replace the replacement? And I’m still not sure it’s going to solve the problem. I’d appreciate any relevant comments. Thanks.

DaveyTed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Brand new Replacement Triton T80 Shower not Working?

by DaveyTed » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 pm

If you're sure you're got a supply to the shower I would be on the phone to Triton.
Hope you get sorted. Don't forget to post how you get on.

Novice123
Labourer
Labourer

by Novice123 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Just bought another identical model because electrician friend suggested it may be a faulty one I’d bought as a replacement, but again not working. I’m going to have to get the electrician to come out and check. Don’t understand what’s going on.

Novice123
Labourer
Labourer

by Novice123 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Sorted at last. Turns out that although when the plumber fitted the new shower and tested that there was a live feed at both the shower and the isolator switch, the switch had actually burnt out. The electrician sorted it out by replacing the switch. The old shower was probably OK, but the new one looks much nicer anyway.

eeffttees
Apprentice
Apprentice

by eeffttees » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Electrical problem,..!

Have you got enough cold water pressure to kick in the micro switch for the shower electrics..?

Might be worth checking..

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:34 am