Brickwork Cleaning
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
saustin
Labourer
Labourer

Brickwork Cleaning

by saustin » Tue May 06, 2008 8:40 am

Morning,

Over the weekend I did some painting (exterior gloss) at the front of my house, however some got onto the brick work.

I assume any type of gel paint remover will work on this ? butnot harm the brick ?

Also, I sparyed the Gas Meter cover with Plasti-Kote. However some excess spray drifted onto an unmasked off area..... will normal paint remover work again ?

Last point, my toilets overflow pipe leaked a few years ago, leaving me a nice white limescale pattern on the outside bricks, what is best to remove this ?

Thanks for all your help in advance
Cheers

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Wed May 07, 2008 8:58 am

Proprietry "brick acid" and a wire brush should work on at least 2 of your problems. It is not as concentrated as it used to be though.Cheers

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:09 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm