Bright Source All in One wiring block
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ian56
Labourer
Labourer

Bright Source All in One wiring block

by Ian56 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:34 pm

New member of the group and first post so please forgive me if it's a bit basic. I had downlights fitted throughout my house and my electrician used Bright Source All in One as they were plug & play so in theory easy to replace. The problem I have is that the units have been upgraded a couple of times since mine were installed meaning they don't "plug & play" and the units need a certain amount of re-wiring. I've managed this previously where the replacement units wires were held in place with a retaining screw but the latest units have a different housing (see picture). To me, it looks like the white plastic lugs should be either pushed closed to "trap" the wires or pulled up then released to do so - however neither of these secure the wires. Apologies if this appears a daft question but I would appreciate any assistance - thanks in advance.
Attachments
This is the block into which the 6 wires have to be secured (3 + 3).
This is the block into which the 6 wires have to be secured (3 + 3).
This is the box the downlights come in.
This is the box the downlights come in.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Bright Source All in One wiring block

by stoneyboy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:22 pm

Hi ian56
If you are using solid wires the should just push into the terminal block but you may have to push down the white button depending on the size of the wire. If you have multi strand cables you will have to hold down the white button while inserting the cable.
Regards S

Ian56
Labourer
Labourer

by Ian56 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:42 pm

Thanks Stoney boy, I'll give that a bash.

Ian56
Labourer
Labourer

by Ian56 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Stonyboy - job done, thanks very much for your assistance. I suspect the terminal block on the unit I tried previously was faulty but by following your instructions with a new one it was a relatively straightforward exercise. Thanks again.

Ian56

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:09 am