Britony combi boiler-how do i increase pressure
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
albroadhurst
Labourer
Labourer

Britony combi boiler-how do i increase pressure

Post by albroadhurst » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:24 pm

Hope that someone can help me. I have a britony combi boiler (chaffoteaux & Maury). The pressure gauge is reading low, I don't know how to increase this. In my old house there was a valve that I turned, and can't find it on this boiler. Does anyone know how I do this. It's doing my head in now and I am loathed to get a plummer out if its simply a switch I need to turn that I haven't seen.

Ken Woodchef
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ken Woodchef » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi, firstly, how low has the pressure gone as this may indicate a leak which should be investigated first. Check the taps on the radiators for slight leaks, a bit of tissue paper is useful as it easily shows up on this, also, do a visual around the boiler for leaks if this is easily accessible.

As for refilling, some boilers have integral filling taps on the cold inlet and Central Heating return valves under the boiler (there usually small hand tunrable taps), if yours has these, turn the cold supply one on first, then the other, slowly and fill to about 1 Bar, then bleed rads but re-filling at intervals during this process.

Other boilers require a flexible filling loop fitting and there may be the unions for these on the pipe work near the boiler from the original installation, although the flexi loop should be removed after filling to comply with regs. A good plumber would tie this near the boiler for maintenance.

If you have the manual, it should detail filling the boiler in that, but if unsure, get a plumber as installation practices vary and it may not be obvious how it was originally filled.

Hope this helps

Ken

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:12 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:16 am