broken drawer
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Glynis
Labourer
Labourer

broken drawer

by Glynis » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:17 pm

I have a wardrobe with two drawers in the bottom but the base keeps falling out of one of the drawers. I have tried taking it apart and re-assembling it but the problem seems to be that the hole one of the screws goes into is too large, allowing the base to move about. What would be the best way for me to repair it?

joust180
Apprentice
Apprentice

by joust180 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:19 pm

You didn't mention what the material was,but assuming it is chipboard then that is the problem with it,once it's knackered it really IS!!! Try a good quality gripfill and squash some into the old hole/s then set the screws back in position and allow to set. You could buy some angle brackets and fix them in the corners with small screws that might help aswell.

wack
Apprentice
Apprentice

by wack » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi, Plug the large hole with a thin slither of wood then refit the screw. When you have done this, turn the drawer upside down and where the base slots into sides etc, run a small bead of clear mastic then place the drawer back into the wardrobe and leave over night to dry.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:30 am