Brow on driveway
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rampo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Brow on driveway

by Rampo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:55 pm

At the moment I cannot get my car on to my drive because of a brow from the public footpath and the fact that my drive is sloping - unfortunately it slopes too much and the car bottms out about half way! Can you please tell me if I need planning permission or how I go about removing this brow? I am also intending to replace the concrete drive with block paving at some point so as it is sloping would there be any other points worth noting other than those shown in your DIY project section? Ta v Much :?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:29 am

If the "brow" is in the public domain you will need permission but it can still be done by a local builder. Contact the building control department of your local council and get them to come and look. If they have created a situation where you cannot get a car in or out of your drive without the possibility of damage then there is a good case for getting them to make the repairations for free. Our project on block paving has all the info you should need for laying a block paving drive.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am