Brown Hot Water
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zee
Labourer
Labourer

Brown Hot Water

by Zee » Sun May 17, 2009 10:52 pm

I am getting dark brown hot water from emmersion tank. Drained hot water several time after turning off main cold water, but not getting any joy. Any advise will be appreciated.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun May 17, 2009 11:45 pm

How many tanks have you got in the roof? If two (one large and one small) its possible you have a split in the coil in your cylinder. Check the temperature of the water in the large tank. If its hot or even warm get someone in soonest. This can be very dangerous.

If you only have a single large tank in the roof you probably have a primatic cylinder which has lost its airlock "bubble". How old is the installation?

Cheers

Zee
Labourer
Labourer

Brown Water

by Zee » Tue May 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi , Thanks for your help, there is two tanks in the bath room , the plastic one is for the cold water and 2nd is the hot water(coper). I checked and find very rusty lair in the plastic tank and I cleaned and the colour of the water is almost clean now and I hope it will go clear totaly. I spoke to one of instaler of the central heating and told me its becaus it was over heated(central heating and emerssion heater togather turned on) thats why its got brown water in the coper tank. I am wating to go and test again and then I will put on the post as well.
thanks again.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:22 pm