Building a False Ceiling and what Insulation to use to Reduce Condensation Problems
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bobson
Labourer
Labourer

Building a False Ceiling and what Insulation to use to Reduce Condensation Problems

by bobson » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi all,

I live on the top (third floor) in a block of flats and am currently refurbishing my small bedroom.
I'm planning to install a false ceiling and yesterday had build a wooden framework made of CLS timber (65x45cm) with studs set at 60cm. I have also added the noggings and managed to connect the timber frame to the old ceiling.
All good and now just need to finish with the plasterboard before the plasterer comes to skim the walls and ceiling.
There is a problem though and since I bought this flat 4 years ago I have had a problem with condensation in this room.
It happens only during the winter and most likely it is caused by the poor loft insulation.

So this is the question;
could anyone please advise me on any insulation which can go between the plasterboard and the old ceiling ?
As the timber which I have used for the framework is 65cm, there is some 70cm gap between the old ceiling and the plasterboard.

Your advise would be much appreciated !

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Building a False Ceiling and what Insulation to use to Reduce Condensation Problems

by welsh brickie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:19 pm

use hardback insulation boards,like kingspan

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:14 am