Building a Shed/Mini Gym Room - (Block Bricks)
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mobad
Labourer
Labourer

Building a Shed/Mini Gym Room - (Block Bricks)

by mobad » Mon May 26, 2008 4:24 am

I have hired some builders to knock my old crappy shed down, to build a new bigger brick block type shed, with plaster boards, electrics, roofing, leveling and plastering which in total will cost me £3K.

So far we are at stage one where we have knocked the old shed down but had to leave one of the walls as it was too close to the neighbours fence and if we were to knock the wall down, the whole fence would be ruined.
However the builder has said to leave it, as its in good condition and they will build ontop of it for height and on the side for width.

My question is by keeping that one wall and having the rest of the walls as completely new, should that be a problem?

Is there anything else I might need to tell the builders to do to make this mini gym complete and free from the cold, leaks and any future issues?

Cheers!

richm
Apprentice
Apprentice

by richm » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:26 pm

The main priority would be to make sure that the foundation is sound under the existing wall

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:00 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:42 pm