Building a Stud/Plasterboard Wall
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
claire.arnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Building a Stud/Plasterboard Wall

by claire.arnold » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi,
I am currently redecorating my bathroom & it has an old low-level toilet. The soil pipe goes into the ground & is over 1' from the wall meaning that I cannot install a closed-couple toilet without building a stud wall. I can't find any information on how to build a small stud wall to alleviate this problem. I'd appreciate it if someone could provide me with some information on how to build a small stud wall. Thanks!

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:18 pm

See our projects on timber joints and in the simplest way for you make a box frame from 50 x 50mm timber which is the depth you want and the same height and width of the cistern. Then, using our fixing to masonry project, fix the box to the wall. Then fix plasterboard to the box using 40mm galvanised nails. Then paint the box with a coat of undiluted PVA adhesive (see our project on PVA). Then tile it. You can fix the cistern in place before you tile if you prefer, or you can tile and then fix the cistern.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:12 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:10 am