Building my own or Purpose Built Steam Shower - Advice Needed
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

CharlieTango
Labourer
Labourer

Building my own or Purpose Built Steam Shower - Advice Needed

by CharlieTango » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi All,

This forum certainly looks full of some knowledgeable people (I'm hoping anyway) .

I have been toying with adding a steam room/steam shower in our new home. I have done plenty of research, however I am still undecided the best route to take it.

This is where I am hoping you guys and of course girls can give me some feedback and opinions.

So which is the best option , going DIY and starting from scratch to create a Steam room with a shower consisting of purchasing all the component parts such as steam generator and all the associated, Enclosure, flooring, suitable wall panels, tiles. This is the sort of thing I had in mindhttp://www.ehow.com/how_2314049_convert-shower-steam-room.html

Alternatively do I go with something out of the box as such, that just needs constructing, which seems much like a flat pack Ikea wardrobe.(ish) Something like these all in one steam showers here http://www.smartpricewarehouse.co.uk/showers/steam-showers/

Both options seem to have their pro's and cons

DIY Pro's

Can get an exact custom size I want
Can choose internal fittings I want ( probably better quality)
Can install a more powerful steam generator perhaps.

Cons
More labour intensive
More cost

Self Contained Pros

Quick to install
Has everything included including lighting etc and bluetooth for music

Cons
Are the components decent quality
Are they simple to install
Can I get parts if they go wrong ?

Being very indecisive I wanted some other pro's ad con's from people who have maybe fitted one or ideally both these options (although unlikely I guess)and which would be the best way to go with the project.

Anything positive or negative would be greatly appreciated

It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:39 pm