DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Building Regs

Postby Reetay07 » Fri May 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Can anyone tell me if there are any UK Building Regulations concerning soundproofing of a new flat roof?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Postby rosebery » Fri May 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Check Approved Document E - Resistance to the Passage of Sound 2006 Edition. You can find it here:

Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Postby LCL » Sat May 17, 2008 4:48 pm


No there isn't. The approved Document E refers to all forms of soundproofing, normally between habitable elements, so external elements are not covered.

Hope this helps

Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:40 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics