Building Retaining Type Wall around old Septic Tank
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Donstar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Building Retaining Type Wall around old Septic Tank

Post by Donstar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:43 pm

I've had a read of sites explaining retaining walls however my project is slightly different. lve got a septic tank buried in my garden that required me to dig it out recently to be emptied. The tank is approximately 4-5ft deep, I've now dug out all around it and now look like it's at the bottom of a crater. My plan is to build a wall right round it and top it off with railway sleepers, then backfill to level everything off. As the wall will be square and 4 sided do I still need to beef it up to cope with backfilling, or will the 2 walls at 90deg to the other 2 create it's own support?
Length of walls will be 6ft x 4ft then around 4-5 ft in height. The sleepers will be placed internally to sit on a wooden ledge bolted onto the wall to lie flush with the top of the wall. Any advice appreciated.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Building Retaining Type Wall around old Septic Tank

Post by welsh brickie » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:28 pm

to stop any chance of leakage, its best to sit reinforcing mesh around the tank and concrete it in one go.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:49 pm