Burglar alarm query
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sec79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Burglar alarm query

by sec79 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi

I'm not sure if I have posted this in the correct section but here goes.

I am having a new kitchen installed soon, and have been advised that I will need to get the burglar alarm system disconnected, as the kitchen is being totally gutted, new wiring will need to be put in for heating etc. The sensor for the alarm in the kitchen would need to be disconnected too. I would then apparantly need to get them out again to reconnect the system.

Now the alarm is 14 years old, so I thought it might be worthwhile getting a new alarm fitted. Since the alarm was installed laminate flooring has been laid upstairs. I have a panic alarm upstairs. Downstairs there is one sensor in kitchen, living room and hallway. I'm also having coving fitted in the hallway.

What do people think is the most cost effective way round this? Will I need to pay for 2 call out charges, plus the cost of a new system, and removal of old system?

Can anyone suggest what type of alarm to go for aswell please, and how much I should expect to pay roughly? I have a 2 bed town house, so not a big property. I live in West Yorkshire. Thanks everyone

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Burglar alarm query

by kbrownie » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:01 pm

[quote="sec79"]

What do people think is the most cost effective way round this? Will I need to pay for 2 call out charges, plus the cost of a new system, and removal of old system?[/quote]

Defo Worth considering having it removedfot a new security system, they have moved on in the last 14 years and it's a good opportunity to upgrade

[quote="sec79"]

Can anyone suggest what type of alarm to go for aswell please, and how much I should expect to pay roughly? I have a 2 bed town house, so not a big property. I live in West Yorkshire. Thanks everyone.

I'd suggest you call a few installers up, kings and keybury have installers in west yorks (Bradford/Keighley) put try others, you will then get a good idea of price and the devices on the market.

Normally they may offer specials such as extended warranty or free service. I recommend the free service if this is offered.
KB

jeanlery2010
Labourer
Labourer

by jeanlery2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 am

Of course in order to replace new security alarm, you will pay for the replacement, removal of the old one and other labor services of that. You will surely cost amounts of money for that. [url=http://www.computerseo.com]seo services[/url]
Last edited by jeanlery2010 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm

As already said there have been many changes.
For example for a monitoring service to act you now need two independent activations and any registered installer will take this all into account and place sensors connected to zones in a way that if required you could use monitoring service.
Unless like me you live next door but one to father-in-law and bells or flashing lights just annoy neighbours and serve no useful service so rather pointless extending unless it is done to latest standards.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:08 pm