burst cold water feed.any ideas asap!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jamesqwerty
Labourer
Labourer

burst cold water feed.any ideas asap!

by jamesqwerty » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:45 am

Cold water feed burst in my kitchen, in oct 08, gt if fixed in oct 08 (think this burst has been like tht for awhile with the amount of damage there is to the internal wall and extent of water).....ive waited for it to dry before i put the units bak up with a dehumidifier in for around a month 9has been 4 month.......ive had a moister meter in to see how damp it stil is, and it seems to be reading very high stil in places on the plaster finish to the internal wall, most of the high reading are between 300-800mm up from the base of the wall running along the pipe and other side of internal wall.

could this stil b from the same leak or is something else still creating this?

How long does it take for the wall to return to acceptable levels of moister once it has been saturated so bad so it can b replastered/ painted depending on what is needed?

any advice would be grateful asap!

cheers for any help

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm

I am not really surprised the walls are still wet. In winter, the walls are cold and the water will evaporate very slowly and even using de-humidifiers does little to speed things up because the room cannot be sealed.

Certainly, it takes weeks to even begin to dry out, but even so, I cannot promise you don't still have a leak problem.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:20 am