DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Burst water pipe at the unit I sub-let!

Postby merchasylum » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am

Right, so a water pipe has burst at the unit I sub-let.

A lot of my equipment has been damaged, and it's not insured, but thats not my main worry at the moment as nothing is really electrical and can more than likely dry out.

What I'm concerned with is, as I sub-let, am I liable in anyway to the cost of repair?

Also, as the water is on a meter am I liable for the entire bill? Or would the unit owners buildings insurance (or similar) cover that?

Cheers guys.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:06 am


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics