DIY Doctor

Main navigation


Postby James Farrell » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Can somebody please advise where I may be able to purchase a "BLANK" worktop. All our existing worksurfaces are tiled but one section needs to be replaced. I have matching tiles and so I just need to buy a blank. Thanks.

James Farrell
James Farrell
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:24 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:42 pm

James Farrell,
Buy some WPB plywood and bond two pieces together to form the thickness you need. You'll probably need to buy edge trim separately.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby xantian15 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Try going to I purchased my kitchen worktop from them I think they offer blanks.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Postby chris_on_tour2002 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 pm

WBP plywood is usually the substrate for a tiled kitchen top. you can get unlaminated "naked" worktops for tiling but what's the point? they're relatively expensive, not easy to find and frankly pretty pointless.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics