calling self-builders - questionaire
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steveoboy
Labourer
Labourer

calling self-builders - questionaire

by steveoboy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Hello all,

I am currently studying BSc Construction Management at Plymouth University, and undertaking a dissertation which aims to explore self-builders opinions of the Government’s agenda for zero carbon homes by 2016.

If you have recently self-built, are currently building or plan to begin building your home in England before 1st January 2015, I would be grateful if you could spare 5 minutes to fill in the questionnaire accessed through the link below.

It does not matter if you do not know what the Government’s agenda is, but in simple terms (if enforced) it will require all homes built after 2016 to have high fabric energy efficiency standards (highly insulated) and possibly require the use of on-site low or zero carbon technologies, such as solar thermal panels.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/THLTJDJ

If you would like to know about the findings of my research, PM me and I will contact you when the dissertation is complete in spring 2014.

Many thanks, Steve

DIYDoctor1
Ganger
Ganger

Re: calling self-builders - questionaire

by DIYDoctor1 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi Steve,
I hope that you got a good response to this survey and it would be really interesting to see your results and conclusions.
Please let us know how you got on.
DIY Doctor

steveoboy
Labourer
Labourer

by steveoboy » Mon May 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi DIY Doctor,

The dissertation went very well I think, and I made some interesting findings. My supervisors said they have marked it, although I have to wait for it to go through the external examiners before I get the mark. But, they have said that they would like me to get a journal paper out of it, so they must have liked it.

I have one last big group project to do at Eden this Thursday which is currently taking up all my time. But, sometime after next week when I have spoke to my supervisors about turning it into a journal I will produce a summary to share with all the forums that I have posted on.

Thank you to all those who participated, kind regards, Steve.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:22 am

Hi Steveoboy

Thanks for coming back and glad the dissertation went. Fantastic, we would be very interested to see journal summary

Kind Regards

DIY Doctor

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:28 am