can foul and surface water mix
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lillian123
Labourer
Labourer

can foul and surface water mix

by lillian123 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:27 pm

hi there every one,i was wondering if any one can help me out.im planning on making half my back garden in to a concrete area,as i have four dogs,my foul sewerage main drain is right by my back door and i want to connect a yard drain to this for my dogs foul and also surface water,could somone possibily tel me if this is illegal or not.as the drain would be used for dog fieces and rain water that would collect on the yard.thanks a lot :roll: :roll:

Tanglefoot
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Tanglefoot » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:24 pm

I don't know for sure but I think that sounds ok to me. Rainwater entering sewage drain isn't a problem, if it were the other way around (rain water drain being used for dog foul) then it would be a problem.

I have two inspection covers in my back garden one of which the toilet empties into so when I clean up after my dogs I just lift the inspection cover and drop it down. No different to a toilet being flushed in my opinion!

If anyone knows any different I'd be interested to hear.

LCL
Ganger
Ganger

by LCL » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Tanglefoot

Your local area will either have a combined system (foul and storm water into the same drainage system) or will be a separate system (separate pipework for the strom water to the foul sewerage).

lillian123 is right in as much as putting storm water into a foul drain is not as much as sin as the otherway around, but is still frowned on by the waste water board.

Hope this helps

LCL

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:45 pm