Can I chase this outside light cable into my internal wall?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JessG
Labourer
Labourer

Can I chase this outside light cable into my internal wall?

by JessG » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi all

I have an outside light that has a cable which comes into my dining room; this cable is dropped in some trunking and into a surface mounted box. This (along with the socket next to it) have been converted to recessed back boxes now, but I'd ideally like to chase the cable into the wall (rather than have trunking stuck to it). Can I do this to an external wall when chased cables (for the socket) are a few inches away?

The outdoor light does not accept a cable in any obvious way other than right into its back (unless I drill a hole in the side and run a cable up the wall into it) -- I want to do this right though so would appreciate advice.

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Can I chase this outside light cable into my internal wall?

by stoneyboy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi jessg
There is no reason why you should not bury the cable but with a few provisos. Chase out the wall using hand tools do not use power tools; make sure you know where the existing cables run; encase the cable in conduit; turn off you electricity if you suspect cables are present.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 am