Can I fit 120w single impeller power shower to light circuit
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gbmauger
Labourer
Labourer

Can I fit 120w single impeller power shower to light circuit

by gbmauger » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:50 pm

I have just bought a Triton T40i single impeller power shower. It is only 120w and I am wondering if I can wire it from the lighting circuit in the actic? It would be much easier than wiring from the ring main.

I already know that I need a double pole switch.
Many thanks
Bob

ericmark

by ericmark » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:22 am

At 120W it is well within the power requirements and it is common to wire shaver sockets and extra fans from lights only restriction may be if you have a smoke alarm also wired to lights as a faulty pump could then trip out supply to smoke alarm. And you may need RCD fitting as on old regs lights were not RCD protected. Also depends on location of Pump if within the bathroom this will be Part P notifiable and you need to tell building controls of you intentions and on paying fee then do work and fully test and submit your test results to building control together with your credentials to show you are a competent person as defined in BS 7671:2008 or 2001 if before July1st. I am busy at the moment updating my credentials so I can continue after July gets expensive at £175 for course and exam up to £275 if you don't have C&G 2381 although in theory DIY can still be done this is not really the case in practice even for those of us that are skilled it is becoming easier and simpler to get in someone who can self cert.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:29 pm