Can I fix a splashback/ upstand straight onto a tiled wall?
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gemma1985
Labourer
Labourer

Can I fix a splashback/ upstand straight onto a tiled wall?

by gemma1985 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:09 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of doing up my first house and the kitchen is in fairly good nick so have decided to keep the units themselves. The problem lies with the tiles in the kitchen, they are not my style at all. We have began taking them off in certain areas where they have been used as a 'feature' and are loosing a stupid amount of plaster.

This in itself isnt too big a problem as the majority of the house is going to be replastered but I was wondering if I could afix a splashback/ upstand to directly too the tiles?

Also, I'm having some difficulty working out the difference between a splashback and an upstand, if someone could shed some light on this that would be useful,

thanks,

Gemma

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:07 pm

An upstand is usually part of a unit "turned up" against the wall or other abutment Gemma, a splashback is an addition. Yes you can put the splashback straight on the tiles but seal the top with silicone sealant to stop any water getting down behind it.

david garrett
Labourer
Labourer

by david garrett » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:42 pm

Hello,
Try going to the projects section and look at - tiling over tiles, see the Stick and Go Tiles - they are great !

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:54 pm