Can someone please look at the picture of my new fence and let me know if it is ok?
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jennie123
Labourer
Labourer

Can someone please look at the picture of my new fence and let me know if it is ok?

by Jennie123 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi All,
I have searched the forums and the net and cannot find the answer. I know nothing about fencing so hope someone can help.

We are having Yorkshire Board fencing fitted with concrete posts. The man installing the fencing said he could not get all the posts the same height, but it does not matter. We did not know whether it does or doesn’t?
What is concerning is the wood beams (As in photo) are bent to line up with the holes in the posts. My husband asked, could he not drill a hole in the post, as he is concerned the wood is bent and will not last. He said he cannot as he has already put one extra hole in the post, and it risks cracking it and will weaken the post. He assured us we have nothing to worry about and we have 3 of the beams anyway going across anyway.

Our question is – Should we be worried? The fence is costing a lot of money 2.5k. We do not want to say much to him at the moment as we do not know if it affects it? We are not experts at all in this.

Thanks,

Jennie.
Attachments
IMG_20201026_120557.jpg
IMG_20201026_120540.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Can someone please look at the picture of my new fence and let me know if it is ok?

by stoneyboy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Hi jennie123
Unfortunately you have used a contractor who is using unusual practices to construct your fence.
Normally the tops of the concrete posts will all be the same depth from the top of the fence and the psuedo-arris rails would also be parallel to the top of the fence.
Sadly I don’t think there is anything you can do but retain a proportion of the bill for say 6 months to establish how well the fence weathers. There is no fencing contractors association issuing standards.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am